Well, here we are in Colorado - enjoying the extremely WARM weather (it is supposed to be almost 60 today!) We LOVE being here, and escaping from the snow and reality for awhile.
It has been a crazy last two weeks . . . my Grandma Jacobson had what they thought to be a heart attack and was in the hospital for almost a week before she passed away on Friday, December 19. I was lucky enough to be able to spend time with her in the hospital. I am so glad I was able to be there. Unexpectedly and tragically, my cousin Cody, who was just 18 years old, rolled his truck into a canal along the Snake River on Saturday night, and died. We had my Grandma's viewing on Sunday night (the 21 - my birthday, not very happy), her funeral on Monday the 22, Cody's viewing on Monday night, and his funeral on Tuesday the 23. It has been a very hard time for everyone, lots of hugs and LOTS of tears. My Uncle Doug, who lost his mother and son in two days, spoke at both of the funerals and did an AMAZING job. It is so reassuring to know that they are both in a better place, and that families can be together forever. How lucky we are. I am so lucky to have the family that I do, and so blessed that I was able to know both of them.
So, we flew into Colorado on Christmas Eve early in the morning. We left the frozen tundra of Idaho, and arrived in sunny Denver to NO SNOW!!! How wonderful! It has been so nice to be with our family here, who we miss so much! We have been eating, visiting, shopping, watching Prison Break (LOVE it) and just enjoying each other's company. We fly home to Idaho on Thursday night. Back to the real world. : ) I will post some pictures as soon as I get around to it. We hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!



4 comments:
Sorry to hear about the family deaths. That was us last Christmas. Hard times but good to be around family. Glad you're having fun in CO.
I am sorry to hear about your Grandma and cousin. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I need your new address in Idaho.
Jill, that is awful. I'm so sorry to hear about the tragedies in your family. That's a lot to take all in 2 days and right before Christmas. I'm glad you got to escape the realities for a while.
Sorry to hear about the deaths in your family, especially this time of year. Our prayers are with your family. We are enjoying Donald and Elaine. It was so nice you got to spend time with them in Colorado. Have a very Happy New Year..love ya
Post a Comment