Monday, August 3, 2009

Progress . . .

Nursery, at church on Sundays, for Brooklyn up until now has not been good. When I would take her, it would take her forever to warm up and when I finally was able to sneak out, she would realize it minutes later and LOSE it. We've had a major break-through!!! I was called to teach the 11/12 year old kids in Primary, so that left Ben with the task of dealing with Brooklyn and nursery. It doesn't help that our church is from 1 -4, right smack in the middle of B's normal nap time. Anyway, Ben took her last week and yesterday, she went right in, got occupied with the babies, and Ben was able to leave very quickly (and, I'm pretty sure it was harder for Ben than her). No problems the rest of the time. Wow, why didn't we try this before? She LOVES it. I guess the first week, she kept telling the nursery leaders (who happen to be our upstairs neighbors) that, "Daddy be right back." But, she did great. When we pick her up, she is so excited to tell us everything she has done; "play babies, play blocks, blow bubbles, eat fishes and water, color pictures, my friend Wyatt, etc." Our little girl is growing up!

2 comments:

Requel said...

Oh that's sad. Bella loves nursery. But she knew a couple of the kids in there and her teacher is my friend. So I think that helps. I probably wouldn't make her go if she had break downs. Sad. Glad she's doing better. Nursery is awesome.

Camille and Luke said...

She really did GREAT on Sunday!! She surprised all of us when she said Thank you Wyatt (He gave her a crayon)! Then she said Hi Jayleigh! I wanted to test her memory so I asked her what the other boys name was that was there and she said "Riben" which was so close to Riven I was so surprised! SHe has a great memory! Also way to go on the primary songs! The music leader came in and asked that songs they wanted to sing and Brooklyn yelled, "Popcorn" after we sang Popcorn Popping the same question was posed and Brooklyn replied, "Jesus wants me." We've never sang that song and she sang almost the whole thing with us! She's sooo cute! I'm glad we live by you guys!!! :)

Watts Music


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed