This is Ben here; I usually don’t ever post but felt strongly about this. As many of you know I used to work for Lockheed Martin in Colorado before moving to Idaho and working for the Idaho National Laboratory. In 2006 Lockheed Martin (while I was there) won the contract to build the Orion spacecraft which is set to replace the current shuttle and is part of the Constellation program. My father who also works for Lockheed Martin is the IT Manager for the Orion program that is jeopardy. He sent me this video today and thought I would pass it on to all of you. If this program is cut it will not only hurt the Denver economy but many cities around the United States as well.
Many people don’t realize but many scientific breakthroughs are directly related to the challenge President Kennedy made to get man on the moon. For Example; high speed internet, cell phones, MRIs, Cat Scans, rechargeable batteries, smoke detectors, new-age pavement, ear thermometers, fast-acting dental braces, better cardiac pacemakers, protective paint, scratch-resistant glasses, comfy sneaker insoles, WD-40, and many other medical and non-medical improvements. The space program also inspires our children to use their imagination as well to do better in sciences and mathematics.
What I am trying to get at is that the manned space program is important to everyone! Write your congressmen and tell them President Obama is wrong and has broken his promises! We must push forward beyond low earth orbit, continue America's leadership in space, and not sacrifice thousands of jobs across the country! Save NASA's Constellation Program! ...



No comments:
Post a Comment