Thursday, June 28, 2012

Three things about ME . . .

If you know me really well, you know 3 things about me:

1. My little family is the most important thing to me. I only want the absolute best for them.
2. I am totally OCD when it comes to cleaning. I love a clean house and clean kids more than just about anything else.
3. I love a good deal. I am a bargain shopper; I like nice things for a good price. I love coupons!!!

So, when I found out about a store that fills all of these needs, I WAS SO EXCITED! You know the feeling when you have found out something so great and you just want to share it with everyone you know? Well, that's me right now! : )

I have been thinking about green products for awhile now. I worry with my kids and how long I should wait before I bathe them after I cleaned the bath, the strong smells that my cleaners left, etc. I love certain products because of their smell and the way they cleaned. But, when a product makes your eyes water and your nose run while using it, it is just NOT okay. I have bought a few Method (green) products from Target, but haven't been overly impressed. My friend had been posting on FB how much she loved her green products she had switched to, and I know that she is a clean freak like me, so I got the info. For just $1, I switched stores and started switching out all of my products for green, natural, better-for-you (and your home) products. Everything from deodorant and lotion, to laundry detergent and disinfectant. I have been so happy with the quality and effectiveness, and I feel so much better about having safe products in our home, especially with my kids. Did you hear about this craziness?

I was so surprised with the variety of products available too, and for the cost. I love that the cleaning products are concentrated so they last a lot longer. I'm buying the same kinds of products I did before, but I'm no longer wasting money on advertising, fillers, and toxic chemicals. I'm actually saving money buying better quality, all-natural products that are helping me and my family be more healthy. It's a win win!

And, I can't believe what the old products I used to use have in them. There are so many harmful toxins, carcinogens, and other chemicals in products you use (and I used to use) EVERY DAY! If there are better, safer, affordable products out there, why not use them?!?!  Please read these articles (Thanks Bree for the links):

*ABC News: Chemicals in beauty products
*Hidden dangers in cleaning products
*Cancer-causing ingredients in laundry products
*Harmful chemicals in baby shampoo
*Chemicals & Cosmetics
*'Green' products that aren't so green
*Consumer Reports: Harmful chemicals found in products related to asthma and other health issues

I am SO glad I made the switch. I love that I am protecting my family and saving money doing it! Until the end of June, you can start making the switch for just $1 too. Message me or e-mail me at jilljake7(at)yahoo(dot)com for more info. or if you have questions. I'd love to help!

And, be ready for some blogging. I'm back! Does anyone blog anymore? : ) It's been WAY TOO LONG!

No comments:

Watts Music


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed