Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Weekend Getaway . . .

After our much anticipated Vegas trip was put on hold, we decided it would be fun to head down to Salt Lake for the weekend. We left Friday afternoon, got to Farmington and went out to dinner and watched a movie (Valkyrie) with some friends from college. Then at about 11, we headed for the airport to pick up Ben's parents and sister. We stayed with Ben's uncle and his wonderful family in their beautiful house. We spent Saturday watching conference, visiting with family, shopping at fun craft stores like; The Wood Connection (I got a new sign to make), Taiwan Imports, and my new favorite place - Tai Pan Trading. I seriously could spend all day in that place, it was amazing and very reasonably priced. Then we finished off the evening with a little Quilted Bear and my personal favorite - Cafe Rio! It was YUMMY!!!

Sunday, we watched conference, which I LOVED. And, then after everyone had cleared out of Temple Square, we headed there to walk around and enjoy the beautiful day. We went to This Is the Place Monument, and really enjoyed all of the new additions there. Brooklyn was in heaven running around and seeing ducks, rabbits, cows, and sheep. It was so nice.

Early Monday morning, we made a quick stop at Einstein Bagels for me to load up, dropped Ben's family off at the airport, and we were home by 11:30. What a weekend! It was so nice to get away from everything, spend time with family we don't see too much, and listen to Conference. Thanks everyone for making it such a great weekend!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Salt Lake
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

Bree said...

Looks like you had a great weekend, but too bad about your Vegas trip!! Hopefully you rescheduled!! I've heard LOTS about Tai Pan...one of these days I'll get down to see for myself!! And I'm sure you've heard Cafe Rio is opening soon (maybe already?) in IF! :)

Karen said...

I love Tai Pan Trading. It's one of my favorites. Kirsten and I were thinking of driving there next week during spring break.

Katie said...

Fun! I love the slideshow. Your hair looks great Jill!

Watts Music


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed