This past Sunday, November 22, was a very cool day. My dad is the stake president of one of the stakes here in Idaho Falls, and found out a couple of months ago, that Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles (in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints), would be coming for stake conference. And so, the preparations began. My parents found out that he had requested to have lunch after the conference at their house with any immediate family in the area. My mom worried about this lunch for months, hoping it would go perfect, as it's not every day you have someone like this in your home, and it did go perfectly.
Ben, Brooklyn, and I were able to go to the conference Sunday morning and listen to him speak. As well as listen to Elder Walker of the Seventy, and also my dad. When my dad started conducting the meeting, Brooklyn said, "Hey, I hear Grandpa Jake. Where is he?" She was excited to see him on the T.V. : ) It was a great meeting.
Afterwards, we had lunch with Elder Nelson, Elder Walker, my parents, Zane, and Elder Walker's grandson. It was so neat to shake hands with an apostle, and have a conversation with him. He has a piercing gaze and he keeps eye contact for a long time. He was looking me in the eyes for awhile and then kept glancing down at my stomach. : ) I told him I was due in February, and he said "That's wonderful." He was a sweet man and we are so lucky we were able to meet and spend time with him, something we will never forget.



5 comments:
What a neat experience. Andy and I both wish we could of been there. I'm sure Mom's dinner was awesome though, loved hearing about it.
p.s. B's Shirley Temple look is adorable!
That's so fun Jill! I heard his talk was amazing! What a neat thing for Brooklyn!
That is so awesome! It's sure not everyday something like that happens! How special for Brooklyn to have a connection to one of the apostles now! And Jill--you look great!!
How awesome! Your poor Mom...I can only imagine. Something, I'm sure, that will never be forgotten by anyone.
What a great experience! And I am sure that Mom had nothing to worry about. Her home is beautiful and she is a great cook.
Post a Comment